iSCSI Login/Password on root-path
Thiago Vinhas
2010-09-29 20:10:21 UTC
Hi there,

I could successfully boot with gPXE on my iscsi storage perfectly. But when
I set the username/password option on iscsi, I get an "access denied" error
on boot.

Is there any way to add the user/pass information on the dhcp server? Here
is how my conf is:

host teste {
hardware ethernet 00:0c:29:98:12:ca;
option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
fixed-address 192.168.2.33;
option root-path "iscsi:192.168.2.2:
:::iqn.2009-6.com.dkxja:storage01.disk1";
}

Thanks for your help!
Thiago Vinhas
Andrew Bobulsky
2010-09-29 20:33:24 UTC
Hello Thiago,

I believe that you can set iSCSI username and password info via DHCP using encapsulated options.

A quick reference to many of them and how they’re defined in dhcpd is located here: http://etherboot.org/wiki/dhcpd

I think the options you want to set are the “username” and “password” strings, perhaps like:

host teste {

hardware ethernet 00:0c:29:98:12:ca;

option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;

fixed-address 192.168.2.33;

option root-path "iscsi:192.168.2.2::::iqn.2009-6.com.dkxja:storage01.disk1";

option username “myusername”;

option password “mypassword”;

}

I could be wrong about that, as I’ve used dhcpd very little, and iscsi credentials even less, but from what I recall that should be doable, even if my information is a little off!

Best of luck to you.

Cheers,

Andrew Bobulsky