Problems with via velocity not solved yet?
m***@meitzner.net
2011-08-29 20:33:06 UTC
Hi there,

today I tried some netbooting via gPXE from an Abis AV8 Mainboard which has a via-velocity onboard NIC. I've experienced the TX-Timeout problem just like it is described here:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.etherboot.user/5655/

DHCP and the NIC work in all other settings like local or usb boot.

Any news on that front?

TIA, Martin
Matt Causey
2011-08-30 01:26:54 UTC
We use this hardware with an older version of gPXE, but the newest
version of gPXE fails in the same way that you describe. I don't know
if it is related but I had the same problem with the same hardware
with the kernel earlier, and it was just a .config issue on my side
(didn't know that ACPI needed to be enabled...):

http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg140306.html

--
Matt
Hi there,