how to pass parameters to PXE?
חץ בן חמו
2011-10-22 21:50:49 UTC

I'm trying to build some sort of small web interface, where the user will
have options which Linux distribution he/she wants to install on his VM
without letting him getting any PXE messages or menu selection, so he clicks
"CentOS 5", "CentOS 6" and the VM boots to PXE, and it will use kickstart to
install the selected OS.

I tried to search and all I could come up was menus which can be displayed
upon boot and the user selecting the item.

Is there a way to pass to PXE any parameter so I can install X or Y?

Thanks
Ohad Levy
2011-11-16 08:10:41 UTC
Post by חץ בן חמו
Hi,
I'm trying to build some sort of small web interface, where the user will
have options which Linux distribution he/she wants to install on his VM
without letting him getting any PXE messages or menu selection, so he clicks
"CentOS 5", "CentOS 6" and the VM boots to PXE, and it will use kickstart to
install the selected OS.
I tried to search and all I could come up was menus which can be displayed
upon boot and the user selecting the item.
Is there a way to pass to PXE any parameter so I can install X or Y?
I can recommend you to use Foreman instead, no need to reinvent the wheel :-)

Ohad
[1] - http://theforeman.org
Post by חץ בן חמו
Thanks